Saturday, December 1, 2012

Should HIV positive prisoners be segregated from the general population?

This showed up on my facebook. I don't know enough about the subject to have an opinion. But, it seems interesting. I'd sure love some input - opinions, facts that support those opinions - I'd like to get a sense of what informed people think about this important issue.
 
Bob Vogel
 
 
 
‎"I joined the ACLU lawsuit because I feel like it’s not right for us to be punished just because we have a disease. " - Albert Knox is fighting segregation of HIV positive prisoners in Alabama.

The Alabama Department of Corrections automatically excludes all prisoners with HIV from a host of rehabilitative and vocational programs that ADOC offers to all prisoners who don’t have HIV: https://www.aclu.org/blog/hiv-aids-prisoners-rights/living-hiv-alabama-prison

No comments:

Post a Comment